Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mid-Week Church Update


Since I quiet my job at night, we decided to try the mid-week church activities once again. Here are the pros and cons we have experienced so far:

Pros
  • They now have a program for Mr. Z and Mr. JP, so they can make some friends at church.
  • The mom's group was moved to same time as the kids activities.
  • Ms. G really sees going to her mid-week kids club now as a privilege, and works hard to quickly get to bed and not whine so much the next day.
  • It works much better now that my daughter is older - maturity helps!
  • Last week they had a family week at my daughter's club, though we were the only complete family there. Besides those running the club, there was 1 Dad and 1 Mom, that's it. Family to family fellowship has been hard for us to find.
  • One of Ms. G's friends started coming. Before none of her friends really went, so what is the point of building relationships when the girls she knows are not there.

Cons
  • They do have trouble focusing on their school work the next day because of the lack of sleep. I let them sleep later, but they like to rise with the sun.
  • My husband only gets a hour with his kids, including dinner in that time.
  • After a 10 or 11 hour day, my husband just wants to stay home, so we do not always go as a family. Us girls go, and the men stay behind.
  • There is no dads or men's meeting, so my husband is still finding his place, which probably will be volunteering once a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment