Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How Are You Preparing for Easter?


Life whizzes right by me. Holidays come quickly, and I never get around to preparing much for them. Easter is one of the most important holidays in the Christian year. It is something we should prepare our hearts for. At Christmas time there seems to be so many Advent calendars and books on preparing your family to celebrate the important holiday. But what about preparing our hearts and minds for Easter Sunday? Were would our hope be as Christians without the Resurrection of Jesus Christ?

Tonight I spent much time searching the world wide web. Of course, I ordered some books - my standard answer to any problem, hence the many bookcases in our home. Hopefully when they come, I will have some more answers to pass on. Overnight I will sleep on the idea of making a Jesus Tree, better late than never. Perhaps tomorrow I will get around to posting about a few ways to make one. It is times like these that I wish I was as crafty as Sara and Catherine. :) I really want to something in addition to our normal resurrection eggs.

Personally, I think I am going to read my husband's copy of Martin Luther's Easter Book in addition of my normal Bible reading and prayer time.

How do you prepare yourself and your family for the coming celebrations of Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment