Our children's 'what ifs' are a great chance to make clear to them basic Biblical wisdom. It is easy to forget when our minds start spinning. I tell my child, simply and bluntly that,
- "You can handle anything that happens to you WITH GOD."
- "Life will keep you busy enough with real things that happen to you, don't waste your time with 'what ifs'."
- "Don't keep 'what if'ing your self because they never end. They will just go on and on."
- "What ever happens, you will just deal with it. God has a plan, there is no need to worry. He won't give you anymore then you can handle WITH Him."
- "You need to deal with what is happening right now, at this moment."
- "No matter what happens, stay calm and pray to God for wisdom. He will show you what to do."