Monday, June 28, 2010

Homeschooling Positive: Multi-Age Playmates


Here is another advantage to homeschooling my friend reminded me of, homeschooling children in general play well with children of different age ranges. An 8 year-old and a 6 year-old will play happily together, without thinking it is not cool for the older to play with the younger. Where as in public school a 3rd grader would not be playing with a Kindergartner.

This is just a generalization, but from my experience, it is true. So the next time someone questions you about socialization, you can answer, "Yes, socialization is one of the reasons why we chose to homeschool our children." The look on their face is priceless. I also know this from experience. Of course, I always make sure to add, homeschooling is not for everyone ;-)

1 comment:

  1. So true! I *love* that about homeschool too! Teens can interact with younger kids and adults and it's not a "big deal" or "abnormal"! :) Yes, I agree...homeschool is not for everyone...but I am so glad it's for me! :)

    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete