I posted this over at my other blog, but thought it fit well here too. :)
As I wait for Rachel to grow into her Kindergarten year, we've been using Hubbard's Cupboard Joyful Heart Character Curriculum for 4-6 year olds in the interim.
There are so many things that I love about this program:
1. The theme of each week is centered around a biblical character trait, a corresponding Bible story, and a memory verse. So far the character traits have been so timely and exactly what we needed to focus on.
2. It incorporates everything that you would expect for a strong preschool program - Bible, literacy, math, music, art, handwriting, social studies, calendar time, hands-on activities, games, etc.
3. The literacy portion is quite solid. It includes suggestions for character and theme related books, sight word memorization and activities, letter and sound review, weekly word family focus, printable easy readers, CVC words, rhyming, syllables, blending, etc.
4. The lessons plans are done for me. I simply print them each week and check off the boxes as we complete each item. I LOVE checking off boxes!
5. They include a scope and sequence for nerds like me. This also ensures me that the curriculum was planned and well thought out.
6. It's free! Everything you need can be printed out. Easy peasy!
I really want to encourage you to click over and take a peek. There is so much to this curriculum! This has been the perfect bridge between finishing our preschool Little Hands to Heaven program and waiting for Little Hearts for His Glory for Kindergarten.
If you do check it out, let me know what you think!