Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Green Smoothie

Finally got around to making a green smoothie, a perfect way for me to get my veggies into my busy, busy day.  It was great.  I am tempted to say it tastes like chicken, but it really tastes like banana, peanut butter and yogurt.  Other than the bright green color, I would never guess there was four cups of spinach in it!  My recipe was from the blog, Iowa Girl Eats, found here.

Also, I would like to add, I don't have a one of those $400 smoothie blenders either.   For the smoothie I just used what I had, a normal household blender.  It was not great, but it work!  So, I will make due, and just add a Ninja blender to my Amazon wishlist.  There is no need to have to have the best equipment before you start making green smoothies, just jump in and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment